Sunday 17 May 2015

Releasing my inner dressage geek!

I nearly titled this blog "Becoming a dressage geek" but re-phrased it fairly quickly as I'm sure I have been a supressed dressage geek for a while now!
 
Whilst Toy is off games I have had my head stuck in various horse books and also been looking for sofa based ways to improve.
 
I came across a Facebook page called Master Dressage which had some really good hints and tips. One of them was to dissect your dressage test sheets in an Excel document, comparing scores and comments for each of the most common test movements. Below is a photo of my 'in progress' Excel document, I started with Elementary because I have only done 2 tests. I am currently working my way through the 6 Novice tests and then I will eventually get to the 20 Preliminary!


On a serious note I wish someone had suggested this when I first started riding dressage tests, it would make useful historical records, help to track progress and ultimately helps to highlight specific areas to work on in training.
 
Whilst working in Excel I took it one step further and created a page for recording my dressage scores so that I can easily see how far I am from qualifying for an Area Festival or Regional Championship. Easy to keep up to date after each competition and breaks down the total number of points and those gained from qualifiers.
 

I'm sure I never spent this long on homework at school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment